1. Mercury Auto Transport agrees to have vehicle(s) described in this shipping form shipped on or about the dates requested. Mercury Auto Transport will find a licensed Carrier (agent) to fulfill the terms and conditions of this agreement. Mercury Auto Transport does not guarantee a specific pickup or delivery date. The normal pick up time frame is within one to three business days from the first available pickup date.
2. This order is subject to all terms and conditions of the Carrier’s bills of lading, copies of which are available at the office of Carrier and are incorporated herein.
3. Carrier’s responsibility begins when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at pickup, and terminates when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at delivery. Mercury Auto Transport must be notified, should the shipper be unavailable for pickup or delivery, and his agent must be designated at that time. If a carrier is sent out and vehicle cannot be picked up there will be an additional $75.00 rescheduling fee.
4. Mercury Auto Transport hereby notifies shipper that their vehicle will be driven on and off the transporter, or to and from the transporter at the pickup or delivery site. Should the carrier be unable to access either site, this does not relieve the consignee from making a reasonable effort to meet the truck at a suitable location. In order to fully deliver your vehicle you must be willing to travel to the designated pickup or delivery point.
5. Unlike numerous other shippers, we do not require any money from you until the day your vehicle is assigned to your designated carrier. At the time you place your order, a credit card is provided to be kept on file. Your credit card will be authorized at the time you place your order. On the date your vehicle is dispatched to the carrier, we will process that payment for the deposit. The balance is due at delivery with cash or cashier check directly to the carrier. *Please ask about our off-shores, overseas, or out of country payment policy.*
6. Mercury Auto Transport does not guarantee transport by any specific driver/carrier.
7. If you are shipping an inoperable vehicle, you may be required to help load and unload said vehicle at the discretion of the driver. Should vehicle(s) become inoperable during transport, $150.00 will be due at time of delivery in addition to any other moneys owed. It is shipper’s responsibility to make sure vehicle is in proper working order. Problems, such as but not limited to, a dead battery, bad alternator, loose cables, etc. that makes the vehicle inoperable during transport will increase the transport price by $150.00.
8. Mercury Auto Transport or its agents will not knowingly transport vehicles with personal or household items in the passenger or trunk compartment. Federal regulation prohibits Mercury Auto Transport or its agents from doing so. If such items are shipped unbeknownst to Mercury Auto Transport or its agents, such items become the sole responsibility or the shipper. Should damage occur in your car you will be subject to additional fees at the discretion of the transport company. This is Federal Law and under no control of Mercury Auto Transport.
9. Mercury Auto Transport or its agents will not be responsible for vandalism, acts of God (fire, flooding, hail, sandstorm, tornadoes and earthquakes) or objects flying from the road or sky during transport. Shippers should maintain their own insurance for these reasons. Enclosed transport is available at a higher price if necessary to ensure the condition of the vehicle.
10. Shipper is responsible for preparing the vehicle(s) for transport, all loose parts fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, fog lights, antennas, etc., must be removed and/or properly secured. Any part that falls off in transit is shipper’s responsibility, including damages done by said part to any and all vehicles involved.
11. If damage should occur, all moneys owed for transport must be paid to initiate a claim. You can alternatively work out a cash settlement with the remaining amount owed to the carrier if they (the carrier) are willing. If you are filing a claim, damage must be noted in the proper place on the bill of lading, and signed by driver and shipper, regardless of weather, or time of day. Signing the bill of lading without any notation of damage verifies that shipper or his agent has received the said vehicle in good condition, and that Mercury Auto Transport and its agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Shipper or their agent MUST check vehicle thoroughly.
12. Mercury Auto Transport and its agents must also be notified of any damage by phone within 24 hours. Shipper must submit in writing a description of damage, clear pictures, and 2 estimates within 10 days of receipt of said vehicle directly to the designated carrier for any resolution to be initiated. Mercury Auto Transport will support you in this effort should such a problem occur, but in no way will Mercury Auto Transport accept responsibility for any negligence of the assigned carrier. If your vehicle is valued at a higher than market rate, we suggest you purchase a special insurance rider OR pursue the enclosed transport option.
13. Shipper specifically waives any right to judicature of this matter at any other location. Mercury Auto Transport can only be liable for up to the amount of the deposit located on your quotation. In no case can Mercury Auto Transport be held liable for the designated carrier’s damage or delays. Mercury Auto Transport will provide carriers insurance certificate and carrier information should any controversy arise.
14. If you place an order with us, you have the option to cancel any time prior to your vehicle being assigned to a transporter. If your vehicle is dispatched to a transporter before you fax or email your cancellation, you will lose the amount of the deposit. If you cancel your order prior to assignment of a Carrier you will receive a FULL refund of all monies paid to Mercury Auto Transport and no more. It is Mercury Auto Transport’s goal to only get paid if we perform the service of Auto Transport Broker. If a Carrier is assigned to your order and then you cancel your order, for any reason, a $75 fee must be paid to the Carrier for gas, logistics and lost fees. If a carrier is assigned to ship your vehicle and due to carrier delays they do not load your vehicle within five business days from your first available pickup date as noted on your shipping form you may elect to cancel and receive a full refund or have Mercury Auto Transport assign a different carrier.
15. Mercury Auto Transport is a licensed and bonded Property Broker. We are responsible for booking the shipment of automobiles with a licensed Motor Carrier Corporation, who handle their own damage claims. It may take a few weeks to process your claim, since the drivers must return to their terminals with the original Bill of Lading condition reports. Mercury Auto Transport provides the services of finding a licensed (by the Dept. of Transportation), and logistically bringing the Carrier and the Customer together.
16. Mercury Auto Transport will not be responsible for demurrage at any Port Facilities.
17. By submitting your order online, Mercury Auto Transport understands you are placing your order and accept the terms and conditions (in lieu of your signature) found here and on Mercury Auto Transport web site. By paying Mercury Auto Transport your deposit via Credit Card, PayPal or Check, you are agreeing to all of these Terms & Conditions.
18. Customers must make their vehicle available during the transport time, if the vehicle becomes unavailable at any time after the order has been place and a carrier has been assigned, Mercury Auto Transport holds right to cancel the order and proceed with the cancellation policy.
19. Mercury Auto Transport is not responsible for any storage, rental cars or any other additional costs due to a carrier delay.
20. The insured carrier that is doing the actual shipping is the only party responsible for any claims. Customer accepts the carriers terms by releasing the vehicle to the carriers possession. Customer can get carrier’s terms for filing claims at pickup or delivery by request or request them by phone or email directly to the carrier. Neither Mercury Auto Transport nor its agents shall be responsible for any damage whatsoever including the following:
- Damage to undercarriage, exhaust system, suspension, wheel bearings, tie downs, brakes, alignment, tuning, charging system or battery. (No evaluation is made of these components or systems at pickup location) therefore Mercury Auto Transport or its agents do not accept responsibility for them.
- Damage not detected at pickup location due to poor weather or lighting conditions.
- Damage to car phones or antenna under any condition (suggests that they may be removed).
- Loss of or damage to audio or video equipment not installed at the factory. Including antenna that does not retract to within 3 inches of the vehicle’s body.
- Damage or fines incurred because shipper left personal or household items in the vehicle.
- Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the roadway, or out of the sky.
- Damage to cloth or vinyl convertible or decorative tops over 2 years old.
- Damage to T-tops, boots, bras, caps, or any other type of canvas covering.
- Damage caused by leaking fluids, such as battery acid, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant, or fallout resulting from acts of God.
- Damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or battery.
- Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through from tie-down holes.
- Damage to, or caused by any vehicle that cannot be driven on or off the transport under its own power. (Vehicle will not run, or has lost its braking system).
21. By shipper’s signature or agent’s signature, the motor carrier transporting the vehicle and their employees jointly and separately are authorized to operate and transport the vehicle from point to point or origin to the destination specified in the Bill of Lading.
22. Customer warrants that he or she is the registered owner and or has been authorized by the legal owner to act as agent for the registered owner and has the authority to enter into this agreement as or on behalf of the owner.
CAR SHIPPING OPTIONS
OPEN AUTO TRANSPORT
Open auto transport carriers are considered the standard carrier in the industry today.
ENCLOSED AUTO TRANSPORT
Enclosed auto transport carriers are not as readily available as open carriers but…
OUR TRUSTED VEHICLE SHIPPING PARTNERS
Read our guides on shipping your car..
HOW AUTO SHIPPING WORKS
REQUEST A QUOTE
First, we post your vehicle through our network, including all National Dispatch Boards for Auto Transport. This is where all licensed auto transport carriers can see your vehicle is available for shipping.
BOOK YOUR ORDER
We present offers from FMCSA Licensed and Insured Carriers. When you accept an offer, we send your service agreement that guarantees the price, door-to-door service and 100% bumper to bumper insurance. There are never any hidden fees or charges, guaranteed.
VEHICLE IS PICKED UP
Not until you approve your carrier and final logistics is your deposit due. Your deposit is included in your quote and goes toward the total price. The remaining balance is due at time of delivery. Nothing gets done without your approval.
VEHICLE IS DELIVERED
Your driver will contact you prior to your pickup and delivery dates to schedule a time for loading and unloading. Once your vehicle reaches its destination, you do a final inspection of your vehicle and pay the driver the remaining balance. You and the driver both sign the Bill of Lading and each keep a copy.